Topic: Creative Impulse- Small Works

Hello,

In these parragraphs I'll be going through some of the thought process behind the art pieces, so it's image heavy.
The first round of smaller work consisted of 3 pieces, finished. Using media that was comfortable.
As a graphic design major, I immediately went for digital. But first, I needed items.



A decorative mug that was actually used at a party. A clock with a rather nontraditional shape.
After deciding on the objects, I looked for a problem to solve. As such, I created a company that produces atomic clocks and sold them to companies. That company would need a name and a logo. And here comes the clock:



After doing some thinking and doodling, I came up with an interesting representation, that I know needed refining and simplification. Then I wrote down names for it, and went for one I considered rather clever haha.

After that, it was a thing of getting on Illustrator, create the shapes, and polish the mark until it feels right:





Finally, if you're lucky enough that your idea doesn't suck completely, you have a finished logo:










PART NUMBER TWO: Broken Mug.


The mug for some reason, I knew I wanted to break it into pieces. So I created a problem that would ask for it to break.

I created Broken Mug, a novel now turned into play/movie ( which means it'll need a poster-flyer). So now it is time to get on the computer again and solve the problem After using the pen tool to get the it isolated and be able to work with it on Photoshop efficiently, The creative process of breaking it and creating a composition began. Those familiar with Photoshop will notice that the bottom half of  the mug's back had to be created to give the illusion of depth. the cracks and thickness was also generated. The missing parts and broken off parts were also designed in.  Originally on an orange background, after trying some colors. A texture was placed on the mug to give it a more illustrative and printed vibe, as well as place it in a period of time where the mug would have been created, say, the 70s-80s. Afterwards, we just keep adding layers. first a crumbled paper texture to the orange background, give it a vintage look, add shadows to create depth, then afterwards create the Title Name and the rest of the text. The title name was worked to also appear to be casted a shadow on.








FINALLY...... The poster looked like this







Comments